I have been working toward better health the last few years. Recently I became a member at a local gym where I am able to work out in the mornings, and it has truly transformed my winter season for the first time in years. I have never worked out through the winter before! As spring is unfolding and all through the neighborhoods flowers are appearing and trees are greening, I feel reborn and new again myself.
Much of my energy and happiness comes from the good feelings that are born of doing good things for my body. Eating healthy, wholesome foods and getting my blood moving to all my cells truly does amazing things for the mind and soul.
I often find great and encouraging things running through my mind while my feet are hitting the pavement, or the stair beast (or stair master), or what have you. So I thought I’d write some of them down.
1. Often inside we have strength and weakness existing at the same time. It is simply a matter of what we give more mental energy to at any given moment. So why not just lean into your strength?
2. You can run somewhere faster facing forward than you can facing backwards.
3. While on a walk or run, why not take it from the natural instincts of a child and take to skipping whenever you can.
4. If you think you can or you think you can’t go on…you are right.
5. There is an amazing thing that happens when you push just beyond what you think you can accomplish.
6. No matter where you are on your journey, there is likely someone ahead of you and someone behind you. Both deserve your respect. Appreciate where you are on your path!
7. Even if you are in pain or struggling, that is still LIVING!
8. Hard work and sweat are not to be feared or minimized. They feel DARN good!
9. People who accomplish their goals aren’t living in a state of comfort.
10. Stretching your mind is just as important as stretching your body.
🙂 God Bless you and the spot you are on your journey today!